The Code of Ethics for the Certified Professional Manufacturers’ Representative designation has been adopted to promote and maintain the highest standards of service and personal conduct among its elite members. Adherence to these standards is required for acceptance in the program, and serves to assure public confidence in the integrity and service of the CPMR.
As a Certified Professional Manufacturers’ Representative, I pledge to:
- Maintain the highest standard of personal conduct.
- Promote and encourage the highest level of ethics within my industry.
- Maintain loyalty to the organization that employs me, and pursue its objectives in ways that are consistent with industry interests.
- Recognize and discharge my responsibility, and that of my industry, to uphold all laws and regulations relating to the CPMR policies and activities.
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of my industry.
- Use only legal and ethical means in all activities.
- Accept no personal compensation for related services or activities except with the knowledge and consent of the management of my company.
- Maintain the confidentiality of privileged information entrusted or known to me by virtue of my position.
- Refuse to engage in, or countenance, activities for personal gain at the expense of my company or the industry at large.
- Always communicate internal and external statements in a truthful and accurate manner.
- Cooperate in every reasonable and proper way with industry colleagues, and work with them in the advancement of the selling profession.
- Use every opportunity to improve public understanding of Manufacturers’ Representatives and Agents and their positive impact upon my industry.